2017 OAFS Streamer Weekend October 6th, 7th, and 8th
And Again On November 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Streamer fishing is the most consistent way to find large predatory trout. Join our school and team up with one of our professional guides to develop a better understanding of stripping streamers to trophy, apex predator BROWN TROUT.
We will cover the keys to being an effective streamer fisherman.
- gear selection- the right rod reel line and leader for the conditions and angler
- breaking the code- finding a pattern and building angler confidence
- fly selection-based on conditions, size of water being fished and casting ability
- fly retrieves-right retrieves for the most effective flies
- know your fly
- boat handling, position and speed
- casting angles- based on size of river and boat speed
Arrive on Friday night and stay at the Old Au Sable Fly Shop lodge, located above the fly shop. 7 p.m. orientation and introductions.
Full day guided float trip where we will apply the knowledge gained in the classroom to better understand the intricacies of steamer fishing, we will fish either the Manistee or Au Sable river systems. A stream side lunch is included.
Dinner on your own. Discount at Ray’s BBQ.
Full day guide trip-continue applying learned tactics/techniques, includes a lunch and beverages.
The event is capped at 6 anglers. All gear is included, the lodge is dormitory lodging with 2 or 3 beds per room with a large living room, we’re excited about the lodge.
Pricing (per individual angler based on double occupancy) is only $425.
0 thoughts on “Old Au Sable Fall Streamer Weekend”
Do you still have spots open for the October class?
Are there any openings still available for either class?